Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Community

There must be some point in which every thought you have ever had culminates into some overwhelming force that you can throw at people: this is how I imagine academics and authors: that they would just hurl massive oceans and powers at the general public for them to be hit like a cannonball into a crowd of people: the cannonball then opens up massive avenues in the crowd and the academic/ author strolls down waving and smiling: the people who have been hit with the cannonball all just lay around there wincing and say 'ow': I am one of those wincing at the whole author/ cannonball thing.

But seriously, what do you want? A nice house/ good family/ easy job (heck yes)/ no job? I don't know what I want, I just know it's the same thing that you want. I think I want a community to be a part of: a community that loves people, actually, really loves people and not what people can give them. So many 'communities' only grow out of a mutual need, for example, we all NEED to be real cool: right? right. So the whole idea of a scene (indie, electro, rock n' roll) fills that need but only by me leeching off you and you taking from me. I want a community that says: "I love you because for no good reason and you are really good at this and I will lift you up and put you above my own self even though I am incomplete and really need someone to tell me that I am okay just as much as you, but I love you so it doesn't matter".

I don't think that sort of selflessness can happen without Jesus. He is a pretty good guy like that I think Jesus just loves us for no reason except that he loves us. Maybe someone can disprove this to me but through all I have learned about Jesus and us humans it would seem he really would have no reason to care about us: but he does and he says crazy things that I hope to understand one day.

No comments: