Sunday, August 27, 2006

Prattle, prattle

What is the point of a diary / blog / thinking?
I pretty much have no idea but exploring other blogs makes me think I should be doing one of the following:

a) Writing about the daily happenings of my life, which would interest virtually nobody and only serve to justify anything stupid I do.

b) Grinding some axe or agenda, unfortunately this generally requires some kind of opinion based on either a big life experience (like beating cancer) or having a giant asshole complex.

c) Exposing the secret dirty underbelly of something. Again I am not deeply involved in anything that has a dirty underbelly, and I am certainly in no place to expose it if I am.

d) Whining.

e) Exhibiting my flowing and gorgeous prose and beating off book offers with a golf club.

It is abundantly clear that in order to achieve the fame, respect and unrelenting adulation of the world I will have to do all five. So that means: daily happenings, an agenda (probably brotherhood of humanity or something), dirt (Sydney has enough to fill plenty - a - blog), whining (something I seem to do ad nauseam) and brilliance (again ad nauseam).

No comments: