Thursday, September 07, 2006

Neglect

Plato talks about education being the answer to all wrongdoing. He says that we only do wrong things out of our ignorance and that if we really knew the effect of what we did we would not do it. I thought this was really good but after consistently desiring good and failing to achieve it I see that it is not through not knowing the good that I fail but an undisciplined and lacking life. The worst of me always comes out when I am complacent and neglect the responsibilities I committed myself to.

I am reading Silas Marner by George Eliot and have four pages left; four and yet I cannot bring myself to pick up the book and finish. Also on my reading list at the moment is Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury and The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera.

No comments: